Recent Posts

8.05.2009

divorce italian style.

the main actor, marcello mastroianni, wearing classic persol sunglasses.

for my 23rd birthday i wanted show my friends my favorite movie of all time, divorce italian style. what better way to honor this film than renting out an old movie theater, getting dolled up, and doing a private screening? we rented out the ken theater in the kensington neighborhood of san diego, ca. they were kind enough to put a little salutation on the marquee just for me, which made my night. we went out for dinner at a restaurant connected to the north park theater, now called west coast tavern. there we dined on some amazing dishes among vintage movie posters and dark burgundy surroundings. i chose to wear a light pink sweater from j.crew, along with an ivory dress and vintage millinery flowers i picked up off of ebay. here are a few snapshots of the night:


photo by my friend cara.


more photos after the jump...



birthday girl in her fiat 500, very italian.

even got a pink present! thank you steph.

josh looking dapper.

iphone photo, but you get the idea.

iphone photo of marque, love it.

gia and i posing for the camera.

seth and i being "matchy-matchy".

my "twin" christina and i at dinner.

0 comments: