Recent Posts

7.30.2010

hooray!

my birthday party was a success! thank you to everyone who attended. we held my 24th birthday celebration at the pearl hotel, in point loma / san diego. the venue was perfect for the theme. i've always been a fan of quirky movies, and i find myself celebrating my birthdays to movie themes (last year was divorce italian style)... so this year wasn't any different with the life aquatic with steve zissou. the location embraces mid-century to the fullest, and is already ocean themed, with a huge movie screen over the pool. just add pennant flags, sea-creature cupcakes, and guests, and you've got yourself one fine event. the dress i'm wearing was made by my dear and lovely friend jennafer grace. it's super soft jersey material, custom, and affordable ($90). if you're having something made, it better be flattering and comfortable. 



seth and i holding my birthday balloons at the end of the night. 
i suppose he's making that face because he just wants to go to sleep!

more photos of event & details after the jump...





wrap i designed for party favors.

part favors and flower arrangements by yours truly.


seth and dave striking a pose.

the pearl hotel, pre-party.


my little sea-creature cupcakes.


tony and josh.


lemon & passionfruit macarons from paulette's.


jenny, charles, the birthday girl, and meg.


the cake.


passion fruit cupcakes.


karo & i.


gabe, angie, gia, me, and roberto.


my gorgeous cousin crystal, playing with bubbles.


gia, sitting pretty amongst the decor.


karo, me, rene, and marlene.


the view from above.


karo, me, rene, and marlene.
  

end of the night, we're tired.

seth, angie, tania, denis, and gabe.


0 comments: